Wednesday, December 06, 2006

I am sooooo rich

I have three friends found from the Geneva Writers Group. The friendships have gone beyond the common interest. I met all three within the last five days. One was by accident, at the tea of volunteers for the library. Despite frequent lunches, neither realised that the other was a volunteer.

The other two I met because we were working on their writing.

Regardless of the reasons for meeting I am always stunned by the richness of our conversations, be it writing, politics, sociology, creativity or anything else that crosses our minds.

As I was sitting in one of my friend’s living room today, the rain falling outside through the birch trees and drinking hot tea, and we were dissecting the motivations of one of her characters, I felt so incredibly lucky to be able to share time and ideas with these creative women, so lucky to be able to stretch my mind and my creativity with them, to explore thoughts and concepts.

No comments: