Monday, March 26, 2007

I voted on Sunday

It was Sunday, so I voted. This was the first time I had done it in person, because the other times I used the very efficient mail system. Voters get a package explaining the issues, a ballot, a ballot envelope and an identification card. The same envelope the package arrives in is reused and no postage is required.

However, I arrived back too late to guarantee it would get there in time to be countedl.

The election place is the local school. The young man, who measured me for my passport, was behind the counter and manned the ballot box which was yellow and red stripped reminding me of the Catalonian flag.

Even though the vote was already in the envelope, he wanted to make sure I had done everything correctly and sent me into the booth to check. I did, I had, and he took the envelope and slipped in the box.

One of the candidates for the town council was one of the women who interviewed me for my citizenship and had issued a negative report. Any guesses on how I voted?

No comments: