Monday, August 13, 2007

I love Trompe d’Œil. A new (to me not to the area) favourite restaurant, became a favourite not just for this wall Trompe d’Œil or the cosiness of the room with the wooden beams, but for their good food.

A friend and I ate lunch there on Sunday, not inside by the painting but outside on the terrace surrounded by grapevines.

The carpaccio of beef with pesto and parmesan cheese sliced to translucence thinness was a wonderful starter followed by a roast chicken in a sauce with morelles (? Spelling), a smoky-tasting mushroom.

Despite the beautiful weather and the pleasure of being on the terrace unlike the other times I ate there when it was cold and we were glad to be in this cosy back room, I couldn’t resist slipping inside to snap this photo. Little did I know that the cat watching the dog scene would be re-enacted later (see next blog).

No comments: