Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Garou Garou Garou

Okay, so I told myself after seeing Chris Rea with RB2 that never again would I go to another standing up concert that the Europeans are so fond of. It is so much better to sit. When will I learn never to say never?

The Garou concert was a stand up concert. And I happily climbed up the Lausanne hills to stand for 2.5 hours that passed in minutes.

From the first time I saw Garou sing Belle in the middle 90s till now, he has been my favourite singer. To use a trite expression, he electrified the hall combining some of his French hits with his new English album.

I’ve gone to a lot of concerts, but never have I see a performer that so connects with his audience. (I saw him as Quasimodo in Notre Dame de Paris, in a middle-size concert at the Arena, and then in this small intimate venue). Whether its rock, blues, jazz that he performs his entire being is in his performance and his music enters my blood and muscles.

For anyone who wants to see some of what he performed (except for Celebration,) there’s youtubes below. Anyone who wants to see Notre Dame de Paris, the youtubes are below.

Je suis le meme www.youtube.com/watch?v=_daG9nUAXLE
Piece of my soul www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7h7yugQICM&feature=related
Accidental www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIcJXd_XhZM
Roadhouse Blues www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKNBkOJqqNA&feature=user
Sous Le Vent www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBs7ifL7sEk&feature=user Any one who gives their heart a break and then unfolds their sails into the wind without forgetting their love can sing to me anytime.
Celebration www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Pj6BuwjkFQ&feature=related Garou doing Swing as Darren and Sinatra
Blue Suede Shoes www.youtube.com/watch?v=83Z0eRJRhIE
Belle www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXXXJrlsnwI from Notre Dame De Paris
Notre Dame de Paris www.youtube.com/watch?v=L24vaxNH91w You can watch almost the entire musical starting here. Some videos have an English translation.

No comments: