Monday, May 26, 2008

I was lost


But now I am found.

The purchase of this sweater bought a couple of years ago met all my criteria for a purchase (usually it takes one, two is better, three is the best).
1. It’s useful
2. It’s beautiful
3. It has a memory
A fourth is that isn't made by a corporation but a craftsman... this is extra. Useful and beautiful go without saying. And it was even made by a craftswoman.
The memory is special. It was purchased in a boutique next to my favourite hotel, a converted 13th century jail in the medieval town of Mirepoix. Each room has charm that the former prisoners could not even begin to imagine: canopy beds, antique furniture along with all the accruements of modern bathing and toileting one needs. Outside wooden gargoyles carved at least 700 years ago guard the archways leading to the entrance.

I was convinced (arm almost twisted) to buy it by my Alpha-Shopping friend.

When I couldn’t find the sweater last fall in Geneva I assumed it was in Argelès, but when I checked my wardrobe and my summer clothes it wasn’t there either. Although I told myself I couldn’t have thrown it out, I couldn’t think where it might be.

Saturday when I grabbed a small suitcase for my trip up to Geneva, there it was. For some reason I hadn’t removed it the last time I used the case. My three(four)-criteria sweater was no longer lost.
Amazing!!!

No comments: