Wednesday, October 01, 2008

The Great Paper Caper


“I got a great price but I had to buy 15 ramettes,”my friend said. I’d asked her to buy a cartouche for my printer, and one ream of paper.
We’d been food shopping, I was tired and anxious to get home. “Thanks.”
I woke up at 5:30 a.m. and wondered…what’s a ramette? I found out 15 reams of paper or 7500 sheets of paper. Thanks to e-mail submissions and all on-line stuff I do I use only about 600 sheets a year and half of those are printed out in Geneva.
I’m a woman that only keeps five paper clips, one pencil and only ten common pins. I have two pens, one is the beautiful glass one, great for calligraphy in thank you and sympathy notes, but would never survive my pencil case so I have a second fountain pen that is durable.
My studio is tiny. Where would I put the boxes of paper? Maybe I could paint the outside as fake wood and I could call it a night stand?
Then I came up with a better idea.
I offered a few reams as gifts to my friends and we were able to sell the rest at cost to Joel the olive dealer, Michel Daniel’s helper at the computer centre and Franck who has a printer for his customers at the tea room.
I am saved from having to store a lifetime of paper in creative ways.

No comments: