Thursday, January 08, 2009

The bouncing S

Thoughts while on an hour walk in the cold...

Why do the Brits do sport and mathS while Americans do sportS and math? Personally I try and avoid both.

CNN showed the ice around Lake Geneva. I wish I had seen it, but not enough for a train ride.

To R: the bio store has Hymalian crystals big time. No need for a U turn or a handover of beverage.

Is 1°, sunny and windy in Argeles equal to -4° degrees and grey in Geneva? Both can be defined as brrrrrrrrrrrr

Like last year this year was my no buy year this is my year to improve my French. I write out verb conjugations daily (there has to be a devil to have created French grammar) have signed up for a three week intensive grammar course in August, watch more French programs and try and think only in French on my walks (that is working really well, unless I'm trying to plan my writing). I've a great vocabulary, can read comfortably, and even dream sometimes in French but grammar and accent are weak. Fluent? Never! But I would like to sound a bit more educated. Unfortunately better language skills did no come with my Swiss passport.

I want to invite two friends for a raclette next week. Will there still be 6th night pastries in the store for dessert? I can use the cups my housemate gave me for Christmas that match my antique tea set for coffee and tea. I'm looking forward to sharing with these two intelligent creative, women. One who is my age, just climbed Mount Sinai. The other is a talented artist.

No comments: