Monday, January 26, 2009

Something even R

can almost agree with me...I bet.

I want the US to be a world leader, but not abroad. Riding the train from D.C. to N.Y. we passed slum after slum after slum. I want us to be a world leader at home by...helping our ciitzens have:
  • An education that allows everone to get a job at their level
  • Enough jobs to get
  • Health care
  • Safe roads
  • Safe food
  • Safe drinking water
  • Safe bridges
  • Decent housing
When we are a world leader in those things, then we can worry about the rest of the world, but since we've failed so miserably in all of the above let's concentrate on building our own building first...

1 comment:

Esther said...

Good post

the 'and that we are ready to lead once more' was the one part of his speech I didn't like.