Thursday, February 17, 2011

The water cure





It had been a good writing day. Words seemed to just flow from my fingers to the hard disc. At the same time My back and shoulders were sore from staying in the same position. (yes, yes, I know I should know better).

Outside the weather was a perfect late winter day, something that is rare in Geneva, and much too nice to spend the entire day inside. I grabbed my coat and was off to visit my favourite stream. To get there is necessary to walk by the lake (no chore at all), and down a path with hedges. The there is a little bridge with the stream flowing under and down to the lake.

The water was in perfect form, bubbling over itself almost as if it were laughing at the world for being allowed this wonderful journey.

I don't know how long I stood there, but as I started back home, I realised that my shoulders no longer hurt.

No comments: