Saturday, September 10, 2011

Chicken safari



On one of my walks in the mountains I saw the most unusual chickens, beige and grey and feathers that looked more like fur. Admittedly, I'm a city girl or at least a village girl with limited chicken-knowledge that does not involve a receipe.

A black cat hovered over the chicken coop as if thinking recipes, but did grew bored and walked away.

Sadly, I did not have my camera--when will I learn never to go anywhere without it?

This morning, I got up early to go on chicken safari.

The coop was empty.

The cat, I thought, but then out of curiosity, they popped out of their little house and came down to examine me.

I expect my chickens to look more like the one in the famous Migros ad with the cow.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZwhMsxW17o

The way the chickens looked at me and my camera, I half expected them to ask if they thought their right or left side was more hygenic.

No comments: