Monday, September 12, 2011

The last day in the mountains

When my housemate asked on our last day at the chalet, "How do you feel about taking the telecabine up to the top of the mountains and walking down?" my irrational mind said, "terrified."

My rational mind worked my mouth into saying "sure." I hate heights. However, for years I'd told my daughter that being scared was a reason to stop you from doing something. And one of the problems with giving advice like that, it is necessary to take it.

I also know that telecabines are far less accident prone than automobiles.

Thus we were out the door and into the telecabine and every second of the view was worth it.



At the top is a restaurant. The view from the terrace was beautiful: the glacier, the back side of Mt. Blanc.



Walking by pines for 2+ hours. The smell, the fresh air, the bird song, was wonderful. It would have been even better had I proper walking shoes with thicker souls, but then again, the pressure of the stones, is a guarantee to forever appreciate smooth services. Next time we go up there, I'll have the proper equipment.



Wooden barriers to stop avalanches.

No comments: