Sunday, January 13, 2013

Bizarre Dream

Richard Quest invited me to share his room in a 7 star hotel in Dubai. It was huge. First we had a wonderful meal and looked out the windows onto the city. Of course we had separate beds.

In the morning when I went to take my shower there were two women in their,  both hotel employees, one to hand me my towel, and one to give me toilet paper when I finished each operation.

I wore a red paisley address bought in Massachusetts years ago.

While we eating breakfast at a long table with Richard and someone he knew up against the wall, the two men started discussing a business deal, but they didn't want CNN to know. So they got up and left. Richard said he'd see me back at the hotel at dinner time.

I started talking to the woman next to me who had short blond hair and was from Boston area. She said nasty things about my old area of Boston and I realised she was from one of the more snobby suburbs.

As I left planning to go to the room, I realised not only did not have a key I didn't know the room number. I sat in the lobby wondering how I would ever convince anyone to give me a key to a room where I wasn't registered with no identification. I'd left everything in the room.

The worst part was that I had no book to read and without any money, I was going to have to spend the entire day in the lobby.

2 comments:

B. WHITTINGTON said...

What a fun dream. Bizarre yes but different in a fun way.
And you woke up and all was well. Love dreams like that. Especially ones where you wake up and find you are safe at home when you were beginning to wonder.
Have a great New Year.
Blessings, Barb
New book of short stories on Amazon titled Ezra and Other Stories.

Sue Guiney said...

Very strange. You gotta' wonder about the toilet stuff, too....
but I do love thinking about dreams. Did you know that "they" say that the language you use the first time you describe a dream is a clue to its meaning, ie the words you use, etc. Fascinating stuff.