Monday, March 25, 2013

I am not a pedophile

My friends will not be surprised at this.

However, I think I was mistaken for one.

My housemate asked me to pick her up after her physio. She is still not supposed to drive. At best she is a bad passenger and my driving does not bring comfort to her. Thus her choice to take the bus the few stops to the physio and have me pick her up--half the mental anguish of riding with another driver.

The physio's office is across the street from a grade school.

Because it is cold, I left the engine running as I parked between the two places and was enjoying watching the children play at recess.

A man came out of the school, a frown on his face. "What are you doing?"

I explained.

"This is a school."

I knew that.

"Move your car, now."

I did, up to in front of the physio's entrance.

I'm sure he was protecting the children, a good thing. However how many little old ladies--albeit it redheads who I say with all modesty look younger than their years but still not young--are pedophiles. Of course I might have been a granny ready to steal my grandchildren in the case of a troublesome divorce.

In any case, I'm innocent and it is good to know that the children are well looked after.

No comments: