Monday, March 10, 2014

Two young men fight hunger




 

I'll admit, I'm cynical,  which I define more as being a realist.

However, every now and then I run across people that gives me hope for the future.

Dan Emery and Myles Chung are two people that give me that hope. Concerned about hunger in the US, they have quit their jobs after saving for years and are visiting all 48 lower states on their motor cycles in an attempt to raise $1 million.

They arrive, visits organizations that are fighting hunger etc.

What will they do with the funds raised? One anti-hunger project in each state will receive funding.  As Dan wrote on his blog...


"You're doing what?" Not an uncommon question when I start to describe what I want to do - take a year off, leave a good job, my home, my friends and family and take a cross-country trip across the lower 48 states to explore hunger"

They are stressing fresh produce to feed the hungry.
Follow them at http://acproject.org/about.html
and http://acproject-demery.blogspot.com/

No comments: