Monday, March 17, 2014

Our first spring lunch

Today was so beautiful we had our first lunch on the terrace.

The menu...the rest of the lasagne from our luncheon party and a parsley/tomato/quinoa/artichoke/lemon salad.

I'm really a nudge on two thing:

1. We eat healthily with lots of grains, veggies, fruits, etc. Rick still likes junk food and I admit to sharing popcorn when he cooks it (as I do with my housemate in Geneva), and to be polite, I'll eat the ice cream. I might even fight him for the last mouthful.

As for chocolate, I'm willing to call that a vegetable because it comes from a plant...also the magnesium is good for us. I only want the dark chocolate and none of the crappy candy bars. Switzerland spoiled me forever for anything but the best.

2. We eat one meal, face-to-face, nicely set table, etc. Although we work in the same room, the meal away from the computers, away from the TV, away from books means we HAVE to share our thoughts. It is also a total break from everything else we do, relaxing etc. The meal doesn't have to be chez nous but can be a restaurant.

So today we basked in the fresh warm air.


No comments: