Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Davos demonstrations





The U.S. embassy in Bern has issued an alert to American citizens concerning the World Economic Forum in Davos. They expect major anti-Trump demonstrations.

"Demonstration Alert – U. S. Embassy Bern, Switzerland (January 12, 2018)
"Location:  Bern, Geneva, Zurich, Davos, and possibly other cities in Switzerland – monitor local media for confirmed locations and times.
"Event:  Planned and unplanned demonstrations are expected to take place in a variety of locations in the lead up to the 2018 World Economic Forum which will take place January 23 – 26, 2018 in Davos, Switzerland.
"Actions to Take:
  • Monitor local media for information about specific demonstrations
  • Avoid the areas of the demonstrations
  • Follow the instructions of local authorities at all times
  • Exercise caution if unexpectedly in the vicinity of large gatherings or protests
  • Keep a low profile"
As for the actions to take, I suspect many Americans will be demonstrating not afraid of actions against them during the demonstrations. So many times people have come up to me and asked me to explain Trump. This has included
  • a nurse in the emergency room as she took my blood pressure
  • my dentist
  • my vet
  • strangers on public transportation
  • other diners in restaurants 
  • people on the street

    If I were home in Switzerland, I would be demonstrating too.

No comments: