Monday, October 19, 2020

Suckers

 

Years ago I worked with a woman who loved brand name anything. Her pride and joy was a Pierre Cardin pocketbook.

It was rather ugly, beige with PC all over it.

She had gone without other things just so she could carry that stupid pocketbook.

Now, I am happy when other people are happy, but that doesn't mean I have to agree with them.

I do not understand people who buy a product for the names.

The latest idiocy are the Gucci pre-run nylons. They cost, I'm told, about 140 Euros/$164 dollars. I can buy a pair of panty hose at Migros for about $5.00/$5.64 wear them whole until they catch on something and save a lot of money. 

I doubt if many people would tell the difference between the expensive brand name and the store brand. I suspect if they thought I'd paid all that money for the Gucci they might question my intelligence.

No comments: