Wednesday, January 13, 2021

Reducing waste

 


"The lockdowns have pushed Donnalane Nelson over the edge. Always a bit OCD, she is now consolidating the paper, plastic and metal recycles into the smallest possible bundles... Including TP rolls!" That's what my husband posted on Facebook.

My side:

I try and be eco-friendly. We try not to buy plastic. For example, the pretty pink circle is shampoo. That saves many plastic bottles. We buy laundry powder not liquid, etc. My deodorant comes in glass bottles.

Rick does most of the shopping and will sometimes buy food in plastic containers. Most often I would go without if I couldn't find paper or glass containers. I admit I can feel guilt free when I eat hummus in plastic containers, and tell myself I should make my own. I will yet. I will. I will.

Going plastic free is next to impossible, but reducing use is possible.

The mairie (town hall) gave everyone a green plastic (???) bag with instructions on how to consume and thus throw away less. Our village collects recyclables three times a week and garbage on the other three days. Like in the Bible, on the seventh day they rest. They also asked residents to reduce the volume.

Thus I was being a good citizen and reducing my volume. 

And he is right, I'm a bit OCD.


 

No comments: