Saturday, April 24, 2021

Cords and batteries

 


I guess I'm old.

I remember the days when I never had to wonder where an electrical cord was. Or which one... At least once a day, I ask my husband have you seen the cord for the: phone, Kindle, speaker, tooth brush, and feel free to add to the list..)

Now almost everything we own needs to be plugged in and recharged.

It is necessary to check battery status before deciding which phone to take. 

And since we travel between our Swiss and French homes, a cord for one appliance always seems to be in the other place. I suspect when we stop on route, the cord escapes and runs away.


 
Add to that the Swiss plugs and French plugs sometimes work without an adapter depending on the plugs and the outlet. Fortunately, we no longer have to deal with American plugs during Covid or English because we aren't traveling.

And then there are different ways cords are attached to the different appliances. One is so tiny, I almost need a magnifying glass to do it.

Yes there are adapters which often leads to another question, "Honey have you seen the adapter?"

 ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

 




No comments: