Thursday, September 09, 2021

Peace and Simplicity

Today I am voting for personal peace and simplicity. So much is going on outside my world: Afghanistan, Covid, anti-abortion laws, voter restriction. Idiots who do not know the background of many of these issues that they mouth off about often endangering others with their ignorance. Anti-this, anti-that without offering solutions, without trying to find a compromise.

For years I've wanted simplicity in my lifestyle, owning as little as possible and still have what I need and things that warm my heart and soul. Example? A prism that my grandmother used to put in the window of the dining room so a rainbow would fall on my food.

It doesn't help me that I'm a news junkie. What does Fox vs. CNN say? What are the Brits and French reporting? the Germans? Al Jazeera? RT?

Today, I did a quick review and then vowed to not look at the news. Not look at FB. E-mails can wait till tomorrow.

I made spaghetti sauce, admiring the translucent of the onions. The strawberries are a beautiful red. I need to walk through the garden that feels both like late summer and early autumn to drop the garbage in the can. The air is gentle on my cheek.

I feel my body relaxing. 

I'll do more edits on my novel Lexington after we eat. 

When I feel myself tense, I will breath deeply.

At some point after editing, I'll go back to the novel I'm reading. Maybe take Sherlock for a walk by the lake. He usually decides where he wants to go and he's already been to the farm today so the lake or the tennis club would be his other choices.

I can't control the world. Maybe I can control my little, tiny corner of it.

Every time I pass this farm, my heart and soul soar with happiness at the beauty.
I will seek more of this.




No comments: