Friday, April 15, 2022

Dreams

 

"Sherlock is dreaming," my husband says.

I see the twitches. His eye lids flutter, but his murmurs and breathing tell me he is asleep.

What does my pup dream about? Playing in Nelly's garden and stopping to look at the rabbits? A walk to the farm, château, allotments? Zoomies at the beach? Vanilla ice cream? The cat that sits in front of our door tormenting him?

My husband and I both dream. Often when we first wake up we share them before the details fade away. The other night he dreamed about an organization whose name was four numbers. He wasn't sure of the numbers. One time he was followed by a friend.

I've dreamed about a television store with 40+ screens. Princess Diana was on all of them. Or there was the dream where I let go of five different colored balloons and watched them fly against a hill. All of them were earth tones.

No Freud or Jung explanations, please.

Some of those dreams are brain drains, things we can identify from our daily concerns. Others are "where the hell did that come from???" In all cases, it makes for an early morning chat before starting the day.

As for Sherlock, he can't tell us what his dreams are about. I sure wish that dog could talk or that I could decipher his different barks.


1 comment:

MS Aamir said...

i like this article, thanks for sharing very amazing content, keep it up
By: FinanceTube