Monday, September 02, 2024

Dempsey 's Dream

 

Today, my husband wore his Dempsey's T shirt, a gift from my daughter. We were sitting in our place in southern France.
Visions of eggs benedict, waffles and omlettes danced in my head.

Dempsey's is a Medford, MA family-owned restaurant around the corner from my daughter's home outside of Boston. It been operating since 1995. It serves breakfasts and lunch.

Whenever we visit, I've already planned the number of breakfasts that I'll eat there to match our length of stay.

It's been in business since 1995. I suspect the inside hasn't changed all that much, not that I care. A change would lose something. It's the feeling and the food.

I wonder what it is about some places that just feel right. They have an aura that makes them a come back place and come back and come...

My daughter sends us Dempsey's coupons and even the T-shirt Rick is wearing perhaps to encourage us to visit her.  I'll admit when I saw Rick's shirt, I was tempted to check Toulouse-Boston flights. Those eggs benedict are exceptional. Maybe in the spring...I could stay for the waffles, french toast, bagels and...



No comments: