Thursday, August 25, 2005

Chavez vs. Robertson

Pat Robertson has apologized to Chavez, who is talking about making oil available to America’s poor, more for the publicity I am sure. Robertson recommended Chavez's assassination.

I have a far greater respect for Chavez than Robertson. Chavez is seen as a threat because he wants his country free of American domination. He professes that the resources of his country should go to his people not stockholders in America. Unlike previous rulers, money does filter down. His poor are now better fed, better educated and have more access to medical care, although their situations are still desperate. He is crawling the walk as well as talking the talk.

CNN International did a program this week on many of America’s covert actions in Latin America, giving credence to our illegal activities. Often when I mention them to Americans they don’t believe me. That they are making their way into mainstream media is optomistic.

As for Robertson, good Christians, don’t push for murder. Religious fanatics do, and I see little difference between Robertson and the clerics who are now being ejected from Britain because they talk about assassinations and murder.

If there is a God or Gods, if they are good and justice, they must smile more on Chavez who actually support the poor as well as the rich than any religious fanatic that condones death and destruction be they Christian, Moslem or Jew.

Meanwhile my daughter buys Citgo as I would if I were in the US. Citgo is the Venezualan oil company.

No comments: