Sunday, September 04, 2005

Donnatrivia

www.Kisrael.com published 20 facts of kirktrivia. I thought my writing excuse (not a warm up) today would be to do the same.

1. The best thing in my life was my daughter, although raising her wasn’t the thing I did best.

2. I count myself blessed that I am able to divide my life between Geneva and Argelès

3. From the time I was four I wanted to be a writer. My friend Susan, tired of hearing me say it, pushed me into doing it by demanding what was stopping me. The answer was me.

4. I didn’t know or love my father until I was adult.

5. My mother was my worst enemy in my 20s, 30s, 40s but now I can let some of the earlier good memories come in.

6. Learning French was the hardest intellectual thing I ever did and I am not through. Although I would love to make Arabic my next language, I doubt that I will ever be able to do more than basics.

7. I still wish I had blown the whistle on my ex when he was spying on our neighbors for the government in the late 1960s.

8. I have loved two men unconditionally, but I am happiest single. My quality of life is higher when I am single.

9. The best job I ever had was starting the Digital Credit Union.

10. The worst job was with Interskill, but it allowed me to live in Switzerland.

11. I love doing freelance journalistic work, but not all the time.

12. I match colours to the point of being neurotic, but it is funny teasing my daughter about it.

13. Growing up in Reading, MA gave me strengths that I never realized until just a few years ago.

14. My grandmother, Dar, was the most important adult in my life growing up. I still use her as a moral guidepost.

15. I would love to have dinner with Garou, Queen Elizabeth I and Abigail Adams.

16. I take friendships and commitments very seriously.

17. If I ever have to own a car again I will feel like I have failed at a major goal, to be car free.

18. I hate having my life cluttered with things.

19. My computer will never be a thing.

20. It is s hard to come up with 20 facts.

No comments: