Friday, June 27, 2008

What I didn't buy this month

















This month I didn't buy anything at all, and th only temptations were these two paintings. I loved the Cock and the feathers included from the model, according to the artist. The painting to the right is three dimensional. The two together would have been 650 Euros, affordable, but then again I don't really have the wall space and I can look at the photos whenever I want.
As far my no-buy year is going, I know if I eliminated restaurant meals and tickets for travel or concerts, then I would feel deprived. However concerts and tickets don't need to be stored or dusted.

1 comment:

Jul said...

Beautiful paintings! I can see why you liked them.

I'm also on a quest to downsize and acquire few if any new material possessions (with the notable exception of my new dirndl - but I love it so much it was worth breaking the rule). This new outlook causes discord when I go to make paintings, though - if I don't want to acquire new things myself, how can I expect anyone else to want my paintings?