Wednesday, April 02, 2014

Lake Walk

Reason 1: It's a reward for doing admin all day

Reason 2: The Lake is less than 5 minutes on foot from the house

Reason 3:  Because I can

Even if the paint-by-number trees (my name because the bark looks like those old kits I used to do as a child)  haven't put out new shoots yet, and even if the sky is grayish. However, the planters are full of flowers.

 A lone sail boat had people on it. A pair of ducks and a swan paddled near the beach.

Geneva may not have yellow mimosa, but the forsythia are just as beautiful.


I love this peephole to the lake. Here the tree is putting out its shoots.

My flag...not a hint of a breeze disturbed it today.

My favourite brook between the villages of Corsier and Anièrs.



The tulips, which I spied on my Monday walk. Roses have been planted behind them. Downtown along the lake there are rows and rows and rows of tulips that seem to go on forever. Are we pretending we're Holland?


A great barbeque at a private home along the lake. The bench reminds me of a place created in Argelès and later reproduced by my favourite artist Bruce Davidson.


I took this for no other reason than it amused me. I want to ring the bell and ask why, but to date I haven't.

I used to come here with Florian. Amadeus and Albert (and later Mika) loved being on the terrace in the summer. In the winter, they'd curl up near the fireplace. Never, ever did I think I'd be lucky enough to make this neighbourhood my home.




1 comment:

Karyn said...

Thank you for the lovely walk!