Friday, April 18, 2014

My name is Donna-Lane and I'm a computer game addict


Okay, so I've never found a computer game addict anonymous. 

I've loved games all my life from the tiddlywinks I played as a child, through the Saturday night games with my family (with the exception of Monopoly because I thought getting property and money boring).

My father's side of the family thought playing poker was the perfect activity after the Thanksgiving turkey or the Christmas roast beef before the apple pie.

Then came computer games. When I was first in Môtiers, that tiny Swiss village RB2 and I would go to the café where the kids hung out and play Tetris until our coins ran out. We were often the only adults. Then I bought my own game box.

Different games have come and gone. With Cubis I froze my shoulder the night I discovered it. Maybe if I had moved between 10 pm and 5 pm when I got up it wouldn't have happened.

The latest is the Letter Garden sorta a letter Tetris.

On a more serious note after playing, I'll dream the game such as S P I N  do I have an A, no but there's an E.

Maybe the game is affecting my brain. They say games keep you sharp. That's S H A R P. I wonder how many points.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a surprising sentence to discover that it was adults playing the games! I remember waiting patiently to play Space Invaders - it was the most exciting thing about a sailing trip to the Norfolk Broads. Now I'd probably see things differently but back then a calculator was a nifty gadget!

DL NELSON said...

We went out and bought Space Invaders right after playing it at a friend's house. And then Pacman...