Monday, May 12, 2014

I thought I'd get bored



Granted I was in state of awe when I first moved to Switzerland at its beauty, but thought I would get tired of it.

WRONG! 

SOOO SOOOO SOOOOO wrong.

About three years into living here and working in Geneva, my phone rang.

"Come quickly. NOW!" My boss hung up.

I raced through the hall to his office wondering what mistake I'd made.

"Look," he said. He pointed to the view of Mt. Blanc out his office window. It had not been visible for several weeks. We sat there for several minutes just admiring it.

Living in Corsier, I adore the view from my housemate's window. It's a view of the Jura and the lake. Every time I think I've seen it all, every cloud combination, every sunset, every storm, every rainbow, there's a new vista to prove me wrong.

Last night a layer of clouds hung on the top of the mountains much like I lay slips of cotton on my Christmas tree to mimic snow. The light was different then I've ever seen it.

Bored?

Never.

I love being wrong.


No comments: