Tuesday, May 01, 2018

My imaginary farmhouse

I am not a shopper, but I see things I love usually in vide greniers.

For over 30 years I've had an imaginary farmhouse. It is near a stream and a rock ledge. Even though there are woods all around it, I can still bike into the nearest village in five minutes to get fresh baked bread.

To the left is a vegetable garden which never needs weeding (remember I wrote imaginary) and a strawberry patch.

Because it is imaginary, nothing ever goes wrong. All appliances and electronics work and the wifi never ever goes down.

Over the years, I've seen things I really like and "buy" them in my imagine for the house. Today at the vide grenier ( means empty attic and community flea market) that had hundreds of people selling things they no longer wanted. I decided to furnish a nursery. This is for visiting children because even in my imagination I do not want children. I had one wonderful daughter and now I'm too old.

However, the rocking chair and the desk would work with the alphabet wall paper in the nursery that is on the wall opposite the two bay windows. The other walls are baby blue and the curtains pick up the yellow in the alphabet.





No comments: