Sunday, November 11, 2018

Music

 My daughter and I were visiting my stepmom in Florida. A Glenn Miller song played  on the radio. "This is the music of your life," the announcer said.

"Not my life," my daughter, who was 14 at the time, said.

Glenn Miller was my parents' time.

I don't have a music period. Dating and marrying a musician who was into jazz and classic meant that I missed some of the contemporary music of my teen years. He was also in an Army Band in Germany, with top notch musicians...many went on to leading orchestras and bands.

Later, after my divorce, I caught up with the music of my teenage years. When I moved to Europe, I started listening to French music as well.

The music of my life is truly the music of my life and of other lives as well.

Thus when Rick suggested going to a concert by an orchestra that played Glenn Miller, I was all for it, even if I had done it maybe a decade before. Another couple joined us. One word says it.

Delightful!

No comments: