Saturday, July 20, 2019

3D glasses


I will I am a minimalist. I hate having extra things in my house. Five water glasses are fine 6 mugs, etc. Enough dishes to serve eight people.

When I lived in a studio lack of space helped immensely in not having stuff. However, my husband and I live in a two-bedroom flat and more things have crept in than I want around.For example I would prefer that the only basket/shopping bags we own would be my rainbow basket and the one where I stash the ironing. Three sets of towels are enough and one for the dog. Two sets of sheets for one bed, one set for the other.

Today was an example how we get bogged down with stuff.

We went to see the Lion King in 3D and it was wonderful. We bought two 3D glasses. The last time I used 3D glasses was before I was in Junior High. I will be 77 this month. We doubt if we will ever use them again.

It would have been so easy to take them home and put them some place.

NO!!!!!

We put them outside the entrance to the movie. We quickly found people who wanted them. I don't have to worry about having two more items in the house that I have no use for.

It is the slow creep of things, a pen here, something pretty there and before one knows it, we live in clutter. Yuck.




No comments: