Monday, July 08, 2019

Happiness



Before the sun was up my husband bought me a cup of tea and a heart-shaped, chocolate-frosted biscuit. He kissed me and left for the golf course.

I finished the book Change of Heart, only a few pages, when Sherlock decided to be ultra affectionate. Because it was still cool I took him for a walk, or I let him wander wherever he wanted to go, having him sniff to his heart's greatest wish.

The birds were singing. Petals from different flowering plants had colored the sidewalk pink, white and purple depending on the flower. I don't know the names. I just know looking at them makes my eyes happy.

Back home, a shower was followed by indecision on what to make for breakfast.

The solution?

Wander down to La Noisette at the corner of my street for tea, apple juice and a croissant, a chat with Amadine, the owner. I took my latest copy of The New Yorker and read about Macron and the problems of ballet companies that lose their choreographers.

The sky was overcast making it cooler. From time to time I watched people walk by, and then I realized the church across the street was preparing for a funeral. Some of the funeral traditions are different which may be another blog. The ringing of the bells always reminds me of the song Trois Cloches by Edith Piaf. There was also a pleasant memory of watching a movie about her life with my friend from Long Island running through my mind.

I bought a Christmas present for my daughter, picked up a watch that I had left at the jewelers for a new battery, grateful that everything I want and need are within a small block.

At home, my husband had returned. We chatted about his game.

A friend stopped by.

It was my day to cook. Since I had a dream about Chinese noodles, I suggested I "cook" at the Chinese buffet.

The car was pleasant with its air conditioning.

The restaurant was closed.

We decided to try the Chinese buffet in Perpignan. It too was closed, but, but, but Casablanca was open and the couscous was great.

Back home it was time to do some writing. 

How I revel in my life.



No comments: