Thursday, December 24, 2020

Small world


 I grew up in New England.

Our house guest, who came down from Geneva, grew up in the American south.

She stopped and stared at our tree ornaments.

Forty-seven years ago, my daughter and I painted them. I remember Llara wearing a lilac jumper and a white turtle neck.

Staying within the lines was not part of her three-year old skill set. Yet, I have treasured every ornament she did on every tree where they have hung.

"We have the same ornaments." Our guest looked at the dog, the house, and commented on how the set had come with the little paint pots.

We met this friend in Geneva when she agreed to babysit Sherlock. We are both in the Geneva Writers Group. But under IT'S A SMALL WORLD banner that we would have had the same Christmas decorations from two parts of the world, almost a half century later...hmm...


No comments: