Monday, March 22, 2021

Chinese Fondue

 


What a thrill.

My hostess served a Chinese Fondue Saturday night with four meats, lots of dipping sauces, cocktail onions, pickles and tiny ears of corns. It was topped off with a demitasse of the remaining bullion with a dab of sherry.

When I was first in Neuchatel, Switzerland, our team often went out for Chinese fondues. However, since moving to Geneva tons of years ago, I have not seen them offered that often and when I have, it hasn't been convenient.

Yes, I do have a fondue pot, but until the pandemic the regular cheese fondue was mostly unused. The Café du Soleil did it better and no burnt cheese to clean from the pot.

I'd been telling Rick, who is much more of a carnivore than I am about it saying we had to find one.

And we did at my friend's

Rumor has it the Zhou dynasty might have been the creators of the concept also known as a hot pot with it credited time wise to BC 200ish. It has worked its way across the world. 

There is no reason I can't do it myself and entertain our friends with it.

As for the dipping sauces, the best part, imagination can run wild. A recipe is below. There are others on the internet.

https://www.food.com/recipe/chinese-fondue-202596#activity-feed

 


No comments: