Thursday, June 13, 2024

A day in the life of a writer - me

 

7-8:30  Read American Woman by Katie Rogers while Rick walked Sherlock.

8:30-9:30  Toilet and read I was a Doctor in Auschwitz by Gisella Perl, one of the women in my 320 Unsung Women book, showered, dressed, made breakfast of oatmeal, blueberries and banana and a few chocolate chips. Yes I know brown ceral should be a no-no.

Did a few misc. household things. Our flat is small so clutter control is important. I don't write well in clutter.

9:30-11:45  Final editing of my anthology The Corporate Virgin.  All I need to do is the back cover and give it to Rick for editing. He'll find all the typos I missed.

Add 15 email address for marketing my 300 Unsung Women book when it's published.

11:45-13:08  Errands with Rick and Sherlock. We dropped off the trash at the dechet, bought gas, picked up prescriptions, bought misc. at the little store and a roasted chicken from Max, a stand that sells chickens every Wednesday. At the book exchange kiosk, I found a book on cultures and a Margaret Atwood's Amazing Grace.  What thrilled me was the previous reader had made notes in the margins. I love seeing what other people thought when they read what I am reading. It's almost a conversation. I thought I might have read it, but when I checked my books-I've-read list, it isn't there. Good.

We let Sherlock walk among the fields behind the school nearby. There were no llamas today, but several billy goats in their place. It was windy and cool but the sky was a beautiful blue with cotton puff clouds.

We stop at the boulangerie with the red life-size cow statue in front for bread and at the farm store for Coca-Cola.

13:08-13:45 Lunch. I made a salad, Rick cut up the chicken for us including Sherlock's share. 

13:45-15:16: I watched Season 7 Episode 15 of Monk and Season 1, Episode 8 of New Amsterdam on Netflix. I'm working my way through both series.

15:16-17:00 Both Rick and I returned to our writing projects. I worked on my novel Grownup Twins. Rick worked on his book.

17:00-18:30 Listened to Democracy Now and surfed other news sites from several countries to get an overview of the world. Depressing at best.

18:30-till bedtime: Ate leftover bulgar from yesterday's lunch along with a peach, played with the dog, did emails and Facebook messages. Rick and I watched Midsomer Murders with Sherlock curled up between us.

 

No comments: