Friday, November 18, 2005

A little bit of everything

La Faim is a restaurant built on dreams and living on passion run by Danes. Sylvia and I ate their today and she introduced it to me. She knows the people who run it. The food is good, the bread homemade and they have Kahlua.

My writing mate is moving to Vienna. We ate together today, a kinda farewell, although I intend to visit her there. She will read over Triple Deckers when it is finished. Over the years we’ve developed the confidence to not need each other to check every word, but will still ask to check this or that as a final look-see. My writing progressed a lot faster because of her and my editing skills even faster. It has been a good relationship. And there’s the security she is only and email away.

Flash – I was waiting for the bus and a flash hit my eyes. I wondered if I were having a brain incidence except I didn’t feel dizzy. Then another flash. I looked across the intersection and realised the radar cameras were taking speeders. After that it was fun guessing which cars would be bagged: no, no, no, bagged, bagged, bagged, no, no, bagged. I was getting about an 80% score. Speeding tickets are expensive. However, it wasn’t so much fun that I let the next bus go by.

Decorations:
Christmas decorations are beginning to go up. It always amazes me that many decorations can be left outside without being stolen. Some are beautiful. One pine tree is covered with clear balls almost a foot in diameter. A leafless tree has streamers and toys. I don’t understand a cluster of leafless trees wrapped in blue plastic (like the garbage bags) with blue plastic streams entwining their branches.

Agenda – I never gave into a palm pilot for two reasons, I didn’t want to program it and I knew if I lost it I would be even more furious at the time spent programming it. This isn’t a technophobe thing because I’ve used a calendar on line but often I am someplace (it is harder to lose a complete computer) and unless there’s a computer handy I can’t check dates. Today I chose a mini agenda with a pretty blue cover that will easily slip into my bag. Like my journals it is important how it looks. I also am getting close to getting a new journal. I prefer the French notebooks with squares rather than lines. It makes my handwriting easier to keep neat.

No comments: