Monday, December 03, 2007

Rainy days and Mondays

I know the song lyrics are “rainy days and Mondays always get me down,” but as I look out my window at the rainy, leaf-strewn driveway and street this Monday neither the weather nor the day get me down. I am cozy with my cups of tea (and a homemade brownie or two), my writing, and Munchkin, who now that Llara has returned to the States has agreed to honour my room with her presence again.

I’ve a good mystery and some student writing. My slippers keep my feet toasty. The sweater I am wearing I bought on a memorable long weekend in Scotland where more than one adorable redhead offered to give my daughter a “wee” bit of help with directions. Not only that I’ve paid my bills (including stamping the envelopes), voted in the latest Swiss election and the ballot is with the other envelopes ready to go when I decide I might want to stick my head out the door, which will probably be tomorrow. Rainy days and Tuesdays are okay too…

No comments: