Friday, December 21, 2007

We have the cleanest groceries in Corsier

Because my housemate has normal standards of cleanliness, I couldn’t understand why when I entered the laundry room she was washing the groceries. I am not talking about things like lettuce or carrots, but packages of coffee, boxes of juice and rolled up NEW garbage bags.
Slowly the story came up. The plastic bag with the laundry detergent had sprung a leak, leaving the shopping bag filled with detergent. She was trying to save everything, although she was grateful that it hadn’t been food. As she told me this, the suds ran off one more juice box. She then laid it with the rest on a towel to dry.
There is trail, a narrow drip of soap between the car and front door, and we are wondering if we’ll have a sudsy driveway during the next rain.
There are no bets on how long it will take for the trunk to stop smelling like a Laundromat.

No comments: