Sunday, December 16, 2007

A shop free 2008




¨
These photos of candy and the gingerbread bears have nothing to do with the blog topic. I just love the colours in the photos.

After writing my blog a couple of days ago about what I planned to buy in 2008 I decided to take it further. In 2008 I will not only buy nothing but the three items mentioned, I will try not to bring one new thing into my homes. Nothing, nada…not a paper clip, not a note pad, not a magazine, not a newspaper. I want to make it a totally shop free year. What is different from the earlier blog, is the degree of commitment to a shop-free 2008.

There was a family who did that a while back and wrote a book about it, but they also gave up restaurant eating and movies. I still plan to eat at a restaurant and will buy transportation tickets and maybe even a movie ticket now and then plus travel tickets. Likewise I am not planning to starve over the coming year. And if my computer breaks down, I will need to keep the tools of my trade. And if say my toilet refuses to flush, once again, as it is wont to do, I would certainly replace the innards, but since I think that I have all that I need (except for the three items mentioned earlier)

Hopefully I can discourage people from giving me things as well, without sounding ungracious.

However, maybe the photos do have a connection, because I did think about buying one of the teddy bears, but then I realised, I would never eat it all. The candy strings were easier to resist, because I like the colour, but not the taste.

Now the only thing left to decide, should I take photos of what I don’t buy????

No comments: