Monday, March 05, 2012

Ladies who lunch

Two friends and I have started making lunch for the three of us. The only caveat is we try a new recipe.

I used the French Master Chef cook book which had magret de canard marinated in lime and mint and served with a nap of a strawberry/cardamon sauce, and asparagus and strawberries. As in all recipes next time I will change it and use more orange and less lime.



I also dressed up a can of tomato soup bought at the American store with cream and finely chopped basil.



Desert was fresh blueberries in a chocolate lined waffle like tart with a light coating of cream.

Champagne to celebrate my emancipation certificate.

Now I look forward to the next ladies lunch where I eat and don't cook.

1 comment:

Miss Footloose | Life in the Expat Lane said...

Oh, I like that idea of a ladies' lunch in someone's house. I'm just back from one in a restaurant with an international group of women here in Moldova where I live, but with so many there, it is not as intimate as doing it with just a few good friends.