Thursday, March 22, 2012

I wish that once again...



I could call her on Skype or VOIP cheap or regular phone or or or...

I could hear her laugh tinkling through the phone line.

I could tell her how much I loved her.

We could laugh about how our friendship started because the same boy dated us. He became history our friendship did not.

I could thank her for what she did for my daughter, who now has a nose big enough to breath through.

I could tell her how much it meant that she shared her parents with me both when I needed them and when I didn't.

We could eat potato sticks and play gin rummy.

I could see her wonderful apartments created out of things found on the street and revamped.

We could speak in code...connect A and B it's nothing like that, I didn't know they made rubbers that tiny...we'd need an operation... Let's not meet and eat at (fill in the blank) Thursday at 7...don't you dare put lipstick on . . .

Eat wild raspberries and walk in the woods sharing secrets, hopes, dreams, fears.

She were there to share every bad thing making them less bad.

We could celebrate the good which in later years far outnumbered the bad.

I wish I could stop crying.

1 comment:

B. WHITTINGTON said...

What a beautiful post and tribute to someone special.
I was very touched when reading this. Such love does not often exist.
Exquisite that you had someone such as this in your life.
Blessings coming your way. Barb
Did I tell you VADA FAITH is finally available on Kindle?
Have a great week end.
Happy writing.