Sunday, March 25, 2012

few dinner parties

I do few dinner parties but if I could invite famous people living and dead here's some on my list. Not sure what combinations I would put together. Can you imagine Jean Calvin, John Know with Lady Gaga?

Invited for hormonal reasons:
Garou

Invited for hormonal reasons and I really like his politics
George Clooney

Invited for literary reasons
Emily Dickinson
Ann Beattie
Shakespeare
Alexander McCall Smith
Amy Lowell
Robert B. Parker
Salinger
S. Scott Fitzgerald but with out Zelda who has the same birthdate in July as I do, but I'd
be afraid she would ruin the party
Maeve Binchey
Zora Neale Hurston
Alice Walker

TV people
Rachel Maddow
Peter Lavelle
Max Keiser
Sir David Frost
Wolf Blitzer (only so I could call him on the stupid things he says and hope he leaves the
party)
Tim Sebastian
Stephen Sakur
Claire Chazel
Catherine Ceylac
Fareed Zakaria
Charlie Rose
Oprah

Historical figures
Teddy Roosevelt
Eleanor Roosevelt
Thomas Jefferson
Abraham Lincoln
Elizabeth I and Mary Queen of Scots at the same meal...It might be good for them to meet
Sir Robert Dudley
Julius Cesear
Frederick the Great
Martin Luther King


Feminist
The Pankhursts
Susan B. Anthony
Robin Morgan
Gloria Steinem
Bill Baird

There are more, but one can overdo entertaining.

2 comments:

C. said...

Oooh, can you add me to the list and can we invite many members and sympathizers of the current generation of the Republican party so that we can call them out on the stupid things they say and if they don't leave the party maybe help change their ideas? Oh and Damian Lewis would be nice too. x

DL NELSON said...

Works for me...

What fun a party would be to have such contradictory views of course with proof our side is right.