Monday, June 10, 2013

A great gift idea



If you need a present for a teenage girl or want to recapture a bit of your own teenage years,

please, please buy Katie Hayoz’s Untethered I usually never read Young Adult literature, having given up being a young adult a few decades ago, but I was thoroughly entranced. It was a good thing I was on a long train ride as I was reading it, because I would have hated to have to put down the book for the mundane parts of everyday life.


I'm not alone in my praise. The book was a finalist in the Mslexia Novel competition.

Katie covers all the angsts of being a teenager with a secret love, whose parents are about to divorce and a good, good friend who may be a traitor in a voice that captures your heart. Her language is beautiful and often funny. She weaves different parts of the plot together like a master weaver and the lessons, Sylvie, the heroine learn, are valid for any age.

To order:
http://bit.ly/10LDiPU Barnes and Noble
http://bit.ly/11PjUx3 Kobo

No comments: