Thursday, June 20, 2013

Stripes


"Rick, we have to talk," I could see my daughter saying to my fiancé with several eye rolls had she been with us this morning instead of in Geneva. "You can't humour my mother this much." She's become quite fond of him and already has warned him of my foibles, which hasn't stopped her and I from having a loving relationship over the years.

I don't think he was humouring me as much as teasing. We'd been talking about how much I like things symmetrical and neat. I'd gone back upstairs to my nest from the warren to do some work.

When I came back down, he said look at the couch. At first I didn't see it.

He'd lined the one pillow's stripes exactly with the couch pattern and then placed the black billows strategically.

In his honour, I'll colour the type in this blog to match the couch stripes.


No comments: