Monday, June 17, 2013

Seagulls and noise

animals,birds,gulls,nature,Photographs,seabirds,seagulls


When I wake in Corsier it is often to bird song trilling and occasional cars and the clip clop of a horse out for a morning walk.

Argelès is different. There's the garbage man, voices and sometimes birdsong. During the day children's voice filter up to my nest.

I like both. One is peaceful: one has the sounds of daily life.

This morning however, there was a seagull conference and whatever they were discussing, they were not happy about it. I knew it had nothing to do with the reddish tiger cat that patrols the roofs. He was on the ground not paying attention to anything but settling into a sunbeam.

Seagulls are not that common in the village even though we are really, really close to the sea.

Made me think of the Neil Diamond song Jonathan Livingston Seagull.



2 comments:

Ginger Dawn...A Spice Below The Horizon said...

Great Post! Jonathan Livingston Seagull has always held a special place in my heart!Furthermore, what a great image of Corsier you have painted in my mind with your words. Thank you

Unknown said...

Now that song is a blast from the past!:)