Sunday, June 23, 2013

Give up Google

I never used Google search. I used them for translation and for maps. I used dogpile, and I don't know if they are participating in the spying program.

Instead of google use startpage.com as a search engine. It is Netherlands based and doesn't store anything at the end of the day.

And for those that think the NSA/Prism programs are okay, did you think the Stasi in East Germany and the KGB in Russia in spying on East German and Russian citizens was just fine then you are consistent. If you thought that was wrong or at least felt a bit glad you didn't live in a Communist country, then why would you think it okay for your calls to your lover, your druggist, your boss, your bill collector be stored?

I also wonder when someone responds wrong doing on the top, it is the revealer not the commiter of the crime that gets punished.

No comments: