Wednesday, July 10, 2013

The chickens have come to roost

 animals,birds,chickens,nature,sevens,yellows

When my daughter was little the last threat I would make when she was behaving under-wonderfully  was -- "I'll break your face."  Of course I wouldn't. She was only spanked twice...once when she ran across a busy roadway and once when she started to put a knife in an electric socket.

So my chickens came home to roost when I fell yesterday and broke my face in four places. Don't remember the ride to the hospital, but am fine now except on July 24, my birthday I need surgery. 

I've never broken a bone. Most people break legs and arms, maybe a rib or too...I know I like to be original but original can be overdone.

Hopefully all the swelling will be okay by Rick's and my ceremony, or we can find someway to incorporate it. For example, it may lead to temporary double vision in the right eye.

Well if so, then I can get a patch...A pretty one...and we can give a patch to each guest with paints to decorate them.

Once again I am so grateful for the wonderful medical care at HUG...And I'm sorry I put my housemate and Rick through this...then again I am tempted when we are in group to turn to him as say "Don't hit me again" in a pleading voice... then again maybe I won't.




1 comment:

Catherine Nelson-Pollard said...

Wishing you a speedy recovery D-L!