Monday, August 26, 2013

I shivered happily






I shivered last night and pulled the blanket up.

YIPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

I'm a cold weather person who has been panting in the heat. And even if it is nice to run outside without bundling up, I will trade the convenience for the energy cooler weather gives me.

After all those years of going back to school in the fall or getting my daughter ready for the reentree, September will always mark the new year for me. 

Unlike my father who lived in Florida in the winter and summers on his boat in Scituate, MA, a leaf falling meant it was time to head south, quick before the second one fell.

For me, it is yes, I've survived another summer. So far I haven't seen a leaf, but there are fallen acorns in the yard, another mark of autumn. And the shiver is hopeful too.

autumn,crisp,fresh,fall,fotolia,golden leaves,oranges,seasonal,trees,veins

No comments: