Tuesday, August 13, 2013

We said no gifts



People's presence at our ceremony would be a gift in itself and to look out at the faces of friends and family that mean so much to me after Rick and I finished our vows was a huge gift. 

We recommended donations to charities of choice and many did, but my friends are wonderfully sneaky and came up with so many original ideas from playing the cello, to reciting poems, to... to... to...

There were many hand-made gifts such as paintings from artists or preserved cherries from a guest's garden complete with their photos and their dogs' photos on the label. 

Every gift showed how well they knew us such as golf balls or cheddar cheese microwave popcorn. I'm only showing two of the gifts here. 

Every one could be mentioned and showcased, but although each one meant a lot to us, I'm sure my blog readers would be bored and the explanations which make so much sense to us, might not make sense to them. It is for Rick and I to cherish in the days to come.

The card above had baby pearls with tiny pieces of colored glass put in with a precision that I am utterly incapable of.  

The one below is a dollhouse size table with books, champagne glasses, flowers, a map. However, the books are about golf and carry the title of my novels. There is a photo of the Argelès church and a special map. The drawer opens and I see the words Geneva Writers Group and a miniature of my own photo.




What I do know, how very lucky I am to have so many wonderful people in my life.

1 comment:

B. WHITTINGTON said...

Congratulations!!!
Best Wishes!!!

Happy you had such a special day and sounds as though the gifts though not expected were lovely.

Hugs, Barb