Friday, December 27, 2013

Yes the world is indeed small


The small world cliché holds true. I no sooner had posted a photo of the building in Stuttgart (second floor American, First European last three windows to the left) on facebook and I had a message from one of my "friends".

This friend, whom I've never met but co-wrote an anthology with and exchanged an unbelievable number of emails with, was one of a on-line writing group that goes back at least ten years.

The group met through the International Womens Writers Group on line and are from many different countries. In the beginning it was all about writing, but now we share our problems, illnesses, families and successes. They are there to offer a word of encouragement, hen needed and a "well done", "I'm sorry," "have you tried..." They are as real to me as the friends I meet for coffee.

Her message was, "you are kidding me. That's Olgastrasse. I lived there in the blue house!"

We probably weren't there at the same time. I was a new bride in the early 60s.  

I won't repeat the cliché about the size of the planet we inhabit. I don't have to. It has been proven true once again.

No comments: